Using Octa GST, you can easily generate the GST returns annual report for audit or analysis. This report includes:
- Month-wise summary of GSTR-3B
- Month-wise summary of GSTR-2A
- Month-wise summary of GSTR-1
- Month-wise comparison of GSTR-3B and GSTR-1
- Month-wise ITC comparison of GSTR-3B and GSTR-2A
# Adding GST Returns Data
Before you can generate the report, you will need to add the various return files in Octa GST. Please follow below steps to add the return files:
- Download the GSTR-1 JSON files from GST Portal for the whole financial year.
- Go to GSTR-1 page in Octa GST and add the GSTR-1 return files. You can add all files in one go.
- Download the GSTR-2A JSON files from GST Portal for the whole financial year. Please note that you need to download JSON files (not Excel files).
- Go to GSTR-2A page in Octa GST and add the GSTR-2A files. You can add all files in one go.
- Download the GSTR-3B JSON files from GST Portal for the whole financial year. Please note that you will need to use Octa GST assistant (Chrome Extension) to download GSTR-3B JSON files.
- Go to GSTR-3B page in Octa GST and add the GSTR-3B return files. You can add all files in one go.
# Generating the Report
Once the data has been entered in Octa GST, simply go to GSTR Report page in Octa GST and select the GSTIN and financial year for which you wish to generate the report.
Octa GST will show the availability of returns data in a tabular manner so that you can easily spot if any period is missing. You can select or unselect any section if you don’t want to generate it.
Simply click on Generate Report button to save the report in Excel format.