Octa GST Change Log
Published on December 17, 2019
GSTR-2A and Purchase Reconciliation
- Added the facility to reconcile any period as specified by user. For example, now you can reconcile Apr-2019 to Sep-2019 period.
- Updated to show the reconciliation based on return period as per books. Mismatch report has also been updated as per new design.
- Added the facility to claim the ITC on purchase documents of current and earlier periods. This facility allows you to claim the ITC on those purchase invoices which has been reconciled in current period.
- Improved the auto-calculation of ITC by generating the separate line items for each period.
- Purchase data import process improved to allow duplicate invoice numbers when supplier is unregistered.
- Fixed an issue in generating Excel reports when Excel or any other compatible application is not installed on target computer.
- Updated to open the URLs in Google Chrome browser if installed on computer.
- GST rate display is corrected in sales/purchase documents of new GST returns.
- Support of business unit has been added in GSTR-1 and GSTR-2 Excel import.
- Fixed a rare issue in printing the sales and purchase documents.
- Minor reliability and functional improvements.
Published on November 27, 2019
- Updated various Excel export functionality to export credit notes values as negative values. This will help in easy summation of taxable and tax values.
- Updated auto-calculation of GSTR-9 to exclude the usage of table 4D of GSTR-3B. Now Octa GST will not use it to compute table 7E and 7H of GSTR-9.
- Fixed an issue in export of mismatch report which caused incorrect formatting of some columns in invoice details sheet.
Published on November 25, 2019
- Added ERP Ref No and Business Unit details in Purchase-GSTR2A mismatch report.
- Added search by ERP Ref No in Purchase-GSTR2A reconciliation screen.
- While exporting GSTR-2A data to Excel format, supplier summary now shows the reverse charge and document types separetely.
Published on November 13, 2019
- Updated the Octa GST import error report to allow the better processing and usage of error report.
- Updated to allow TDS GSTIN type in sales.
Published on November 11, 2019
- Fixed an issue in Excel import which caused incorrect error message to be displayed.
Published on November 5, 2019
- Fixed an issue in interpretion of period while importing sales/purchase data using new Octa templates.
Published on November 2, 2019
- Improved the GSTR-3B prepartion by allowing multiple entries in every section. You can add description of each entry for future reference. This allows easy adjustment to auto-calculated values.
- Improved ITC claim screen in GSTR-3B which now allows claiming ITC on selected rows. It now shows the reconciliation status to allow ITC claim based on reconciliation with GSTR-2A.
- Supplier summary in GSTR-2A export which summarised the tax reported by each supplier in a period.
Published on October 23, 2019
- Corrected the summary description in Sales data export.
- Improved the import error message display when error message is very long.
- Improved the import processing when accounting format is used in source Excel file.
- Corrected the ITC type definition in purchase data import for new GST returns.
Published on October 18, 2019
- Support of new GST returns
- Improved reconciliation process
- New excel import templates
- ...& much more
Published on September 13, 2019
- Fixed an issue in GSTR-1 import which prevented the negative values in Exempt supply section from being considered.
Published on August 21, 2019
- GSTR-9 form updated to allow the item value up to 9,999,999,999,999.99 (13 digits with 2 decimals). Earlier up to 99,999,999,999.99 (11 digits with 2 decimals) was allowed.
Published on August 19, 2019
- Excel templates updated to show the subscriber's name predominantly.
Published on July 25, 2019
GSTR-2A and purchase reconciliation
- GST Rate is now optional in Octa Purchase import format. If GST rate is not specified, Octa GST will attempt to compute it from taxable and tax amounts. This is useful when line-item details are not available in purchase register.
Published on July 13, 2019
- Added total turnover row (4N+10-11) in GSTR-9 preview, PDF and Excel export.
- Updated to show a better error message if there is any issue in upgrading the database.
Published on June 28, 2019
- Fixed an issue in importing sales data when there is an amendment of an invoice number which existing in the same return period of last financial year.
- Fixed an issue in GST annual report generation which resulted in failure if there are amendments in Export or other zero-rated invoices.
- Improved the filter dialog in GSTR-2A reconciliation so that it fits better in small screens.
Published on June 26, 2019
- Improved the performance of importing purchase data from Excel/CSV files.
- Fixed an issue which prevented the basic and smart linking in GSTR-2A reconciliation.
- Added a better error message when Octa GST Server is busy doing an existing operation.
Published on June 25, 2019
- Added the facility to view the GSTR-9 error file generated by GST Portal.
- Improved the issue checker to add a warning when taxable value or tax amount in HSN summary is negative.
- Improved the table headings to make them dynamic as per selected financial year.
- Fixed an issue which resulted in small negative value of tax amount while making adjustment in HSN summary.
GST Returns Annual Report
- Updated the comparison reports (GSTR3B vs GSTR-2A, GSTR3B vs GSTR1) to show the data of different financial years in separate heads for better visibility and understanding.
- Updated to export data of 4 months when running in trial mode. Earlier only 1 month data was being exported.
- Added the user configuration to control the invoice linking. Now user can individually enable or disable the basic and smart invoice linking.
- Improved the supplier summary to show the tax amount and difference for individual tax heads (IGST/CGST/SGST/Cess). Same is exported to mismatch summary also.
- Improved the invoice summary in mismatch report to show the tax amount and difference for individual tax heads (IGST/CGST/SGST/Cess).
- Fixed an issue in importing supplier names from GSTR-2A Excel file. It was caused by blank supplier names in GSTR-2A Excel file.
- Updated to automatically select the server while logging in when its address is changed.
- Fixed an issue of whitespace characters when adding new GSTIN number for the same business.
- Fixed an issue while importing purchase data from Excel file in Octa format.
Published on June 8, 2019
GST Portal does not accept the HSN summary even if there is difference of 1 paisa in total tax value of HSN summary. Because of rounding, HSN summary calculated using invoices often has larger differences. To address this issue, we have added the facility to automatically adjust the tax amounts in HSN summary. These small adjustments will update the HSN summary so that it can be uploaded to portal successfully.
Fixed an issue which resulted in wrong warning of tax mismatch in HSN summary.
- Introducing smart-linking feature in Octa GST. This feature will intelligently compare the invoices for similarity and will link similar invoices automatically even if the invoice number is different. This feature will work automatically and no action is needed from user.
- Added the facility to bulk generate the mismatch report for individual suppliers.
Published on May 27, 2019
- Updated GSTR-9 JSON generation and parsing as per latest GSTN schema.
Published on May 24, 2019
- Added support of importing GSTR-9 ZIP/JSON file generated by GST Portal. This can be used as reference while preparing GSTR-9.
- Improved the color highlighting to tolerate a range of difference between system calculated and user supplied values.
- Added the facility to check the issues in GSTR-9 before generating JSON file.
- Updated as per latest GSTR-9 JSON schema released by GST Portal.