Octa GST Change Log
Published on November 2, 2020
- Fixed an issue in auto-calculation of credit note value in GSTR-9.
Published on October 21, 2020
- GSTR-2A JSON Import: Handled a case where old Windows Date/Time setting can cause the wrong interpretation of GSTR-1 filing date. This happens only if Windows operating system and Date/Time setting is old.
Published on October 21, 2020
Enhancements in GSTR-9
- Aligned the display of tax columns with GST Portal. Now Octa GST also shows IGST first and then CGST & SGST.
- Considered the rows
11as implicit negative values so that user doesn't have to input negative values for these rows.
- Allowed the negative values in various rows as per technical specification.
Published on October 17, 2020
Added the support of GSTR-2B
- Add multiple GSTR-2B JSON files in one go
- View invoices and credit/debit notes of multiple GSTINs and periods on one screen
- Search GSTR-2B documents by invoice number, supplier name/GSTIN
- Full support of amendment records
- Export GSTR-2B data of multiple GSTINs & multiple period to single Excel file
Published on October 13, 2020
- Updated to support Cess amount in export invoices (with payment of tax) as per latest GSTR-1 JSON schema.
Published on October 8, 2020
- Updated the GSTR-1 export to excel facility to indicate original documents that have been amended.
Published on October 6, 2020
- Fixed an issue in GSTR-2A reconciliation which caused the document comparison to fail in some cases.
Published on October 5, 2020
- GSTR-2A module updated to capture GSTR-1 and GSTR-3B filing information.
- GSTR-2A module updated to capture autopopulated information of import of goods.
- GSTR-3B module updated to show supplier filing information.
Published on October 3, 2020
- Update to handle the incorrect column name in GSTR-1 Excel file generated by Tally.
- Fixed an issue in GSTR-9 calculation for credit/debit notes amendments.
Published on September 16, 2020
- Fixed an issue in generating clean-up JSON file when the downloaded file contains a credit/debit notes linked with invoices.
Published on September 15, 2020
- Updated as per latest GSTR-1 JSON schema.
- Updated as per latest GSTR-2A JSON schema.
Published on September 10, 2020
- Fixed an issue in GSTR-3B liability calculation in case of Export supply with multiple line items.
Published on August 30, 2020
- Fixed an issue in GSTR-4A reconciliation which caused crash when trying to edit purchase data.
Published on August 23, 2020
GSTR-4A & Purchase Reconciliation
Introducing the support of reconciling purchase register with GSTR-4A for composition taxpayers.
Auto-Update Supplier Names
Introducing the facility to automatically pull supplier names for all GSTINs in GSTR-4A data.
- Updated to use the supplier name from contacts master while generating GSTR-2A mismatch report for individual suppliers.
- Improved the detection of GSTR-4A error JSON files.
- Restriction on invoice date removed for amendment of export invoices as per latest GST Portal specification.
Published on August 13, 2020
Fixed an issue in conversion of GSTR-4 ZIP/JSON file to Excel.
Published on August 12, 2020
GSTR-4 Annual Return & CMP-08
Introducing the support of automatically generating annual GSTR-4 and CMP-08 based on sales and purchase transactions for composition taxpayers.
- Facility to add transaction-wise or consolidated sales data
- Facility to convert GSTR-4A data to Excel file which can be imported back into purchase data
- Automatic generation of GSTR-4 tables based on sales/purchase data with easy to understand preview
- Support of GSTR-4 annual return JSON generation
- Support of viewing error file generated while uploading GSTR-4 return to GST Portal
- Support of converting filed GSTR-4 annual return to Excel format. This file can be shared with clients or kept as future reference.
- Support of generating CMP-08 (self-assessment of liability during the quarter)
Published on August 10, 2020
Sales vs GSTR-1 Reconciliation
Introducing reconciliation and mismatch report for Sales vs GSTR-1 reconciliation. Octa GST provides a convenient section-wise overview of reconciliation with the facility of detailed side-by-side comparison of each invoice, credit/debit note and summary.
- Section-wise overview for quick summary of reconciliation
- Period-wise overview of all sections to quickly identify the periods with mismatch in data.
- Side-by-side comparison of invoices, credit/debit notes along with mismatch status.
- Side-by-side comparison of summary records (B2C sales summary and advances).
- Details mismatch report containing summary and invoice-level reconciliation report.
Side-by-side Invoice Comparison:
- UQC and quantity fields made optional for services HSN codes in GSTR-9 HSN summary.
- RCM allowed in CBW (custom-bonded warehouses) invoices.
- RCM allowed in invoices for SEZ with payment of tax.
- Fixed an issue in supplier name search of GSTR-2A reconciliation summary.
- Month range selection view improved.
- Various small user interface improvements.
Published on July 6, 2020
Fixed an issue in getting supplier/customer names which caused the automatic update to fail in certain cases.
Published on July 3, 2020
Included sales and purchase data to extract the GSTINs while getting contact information from Octa Cloud.
Published on July 2, 2020
Octa Cloud integration for online GST APIs
Introducing integration with Octa Cloud to access online GST APIs. In this version, you can pull the name and other information of your customers & suppliers from Octa Cloud.
- Added the facility to select a period range in sales and purchase filter.
- Added the support of TCS amendments in GSTR-2A.