Octa GST Change Log
Published on May 9, 2019
- Added support of GSTR-9 JSON file.
- Fixed an issue in Excel file import of sales summary data which caused failure in import process when place of supply is invalid.
- Updated the text language of GSTR-9 to match with latest GSTR-9 format notified by Govt.
- Minor GUI corrections and improvements.
Published on April 18, 2019
- Fixed an issue which resulted in failure to detected duplicate invoice no while entering purchase data using application user interface.
- Fixed an issue of missing GSTIN and return period while clearing the purchase data of composite tax payers.
Published on April 10, 2019
- Added the support of SEZ invoices in purchase section. This also fixes an issue which caused a failure while trying to automatically add an invoice during reconciliation with GSTR-2A.
- Improved the text search in GSTR-2A invoice reconciliation by allowing case-insensitive search.
- Improved the GSTR-2A reconciliation by gracefully updating the page when user note is added to “My Data” side of invoices.
- Improved the Home screen to better display the server information on small screen sizes.
- In user management screen for Octa GST Server, new facility has been added to quickly
- Fixed an issue in purchase import process which resulted in failure during import if reference voucher date was not specified for credit/debit notes. Now Octa GST will show a graceful validation error in this case.
- Improved the parsing of place of supply during import of GSTR-2-B2B sheet. Now this field supports both state-code and state-name.
- Fixed an issue in Purchase page which resulted in incorrect display of document list when there are more than 5000 purchase invoices. select or unselect all files.
- Fixed an issue in Issue checker of purchase data which resulted in false positive reporting of issues.
- Fixed an issue which prevented the line-item delete button to appear while adding line items data in fresh invoices.
- Fixed an issue which resulted in missing uploader information while exporting filed GSTR-1 data.
- Fixed an issued which showed wrong file extension while exporting GSTR-1 to Excel file in return preparation screen.
- Fixed an issue in import of sales documents (advance receipt & advance adjustment) which resulted in failure of import when ref voucher information has been provided which is not required.
- Improved various tool-tip messages in return screens.
Published on March 27, 2019
New: Added a new invoice summary sheet in mismatch report. This report will contain one row for each invoice/document and its matching status. With the introduction of invoice summary, Octa GST now provides the mismatch report at 3 different levels
- Supplier Summary
- Invoice Summary
- Invoice Details
New: Added support of showing net difference in tax amount on invoice comparison and summary screen.
New: Added the facility to specify the ignore amount.
New: Added the facility to select the contents to be exported in mismatch report.
New: Added the facility to export month, quarter or full year sales or purchase data.
Fixed: Display issue of GSTR-2A reconciliation configuration screen which caused a refresh error while switching from Quarter to Month.
Published on March 22, 2019
- Extended the GSTR-9 and Annual report of 2017-18 to include GSTR-1 & GSTR-2A returns till March 2019.
- Added support of multiple tax reversal heads in GSTR-9.
- Added support of concessional rate of tax in GSTR-9 HSN summary table.
- Added support of quarterly reconciliation of purchase data with GSTR-2A.
- Showed the tax difference in invoice/document comparison in reconciliation.
- Improved the Excel/CSV import functionality to show better error messages.
- Fixed an issue in GSTR-3B import which was preventing the successful import of GSTR-3B in some cases.
Published on March 19, 2019
- New: Added the facility to process multiple GSTR-2A excel to extract supplier names. It is available on GSTR-2A page.
- New: Added the facility to automatically discover the near-by Octa GST servers and show them on login screen for automatic selection.
- Improved the home page to display the relevant information only in case of Standard subscription.
- Fixed an issue in viewing GSTR-1 error file.
Published on March 18, 2019
- Fixed an issue in GSTR-3B import which prevent the correct import of liability section.
Published on March 18, 2019
- Fixed an issue in Annual GST Returns report which caused the missing summary data of next financial year in some cases.
Published on March 17, 2019
- New: Octa GST Server for teams. Improved concurrency, performance and security while working on the same business.
- New: Added the functionality to export the error report if there validation errors in import file. Available for all kinds of import files.
- New: Added the facility to view and print filed GSTR-1 return summary.
- New: A huge number of under-the-hood improvements in GST engine to enhance the overall performance, stability and responsiveness.
Published on March 11, 2019
A recent update of GST Portal affected the GSTR-1 JSON file generation. Because of this issue, the JSON file being generated by GST Portal is incorrect (not compliant with published JSON schema). A workaround has been added in Octa GST to handle this GST Portal issue.
Published on February 27, 2019
- GSTR-3B consolidated annual report enhanced to report different payment heads such as interest, penalty etc.
- GSTR-1/GSTR-2A import & export performance improved for large data sets.
- Added the facility to import GSTR-2A Excel file in Contacts for supplier names.
- GSTR-1 JSON file schema updated as per latest GSTN specification.
Published on December 17, 2018
- Fixed an issue in purchase and GSTR-2A reconciliation which prevented auto-linking in some rare cases.
- Fixed an issue in importing the sales credit/debit notes using Octa format.
Published on December 13, 2018
- Added support of HSN summary in GSTR-9 with following methods:
- Automatically calculate HSN summary from sales/purchase data
- Import of HSN summary from Excel file
- Manual entry of HSN summary
- Added support of automatic HSN summary adjustment in GSTR-1 based on sales returns (credit notes)
- Improved GSTR-3B JSON file compatibility with GST Portal data
- Added support of supplier and receiver action information in GSTR-1 Excel export
- Included exempt and nil rated sales in taxable value calculation of GSTR-1 HSN summary
- Added the check point in sales data validation to indicate if same invoice has already been reported in earlier tax periods.
- Added the check point in purchase data validation to indicate if same purchase invoice has already been added in earlier tax periods.
Published on December 4, 2018
- Added the support of exporting GSTR-9 to Excel format.
- Added the support of exporting GSTR-1 of multiple return periods in one single Excel file.
- Added the support of exporting GSTR-2A of multiple return periods in one single Excel file.
Published on November 27, 2018
- Improved the performance of GSTR-9 and GST Returns Annual Report when lakhs of documents are added in Octa GST.
- Fixed a rare issue in GST returns annual report & GSTR-9 which could result in incorrect GSTR-2A amendment value.
Published on November 15, 2018
- Enhanced GSTR Annual report to include the transaction reported in next financial year. For example, if sales invoices pertaining to FY 2017-18 are reported after March 2018, they will also be included in the annual report. Similarly if supplier has reported some invoice pertaining to FY 2017-18 after March 2018, it will be consolidated in GSTR-2A month by month report.
- Enhanced GSTR Annual report to bifurcate the credit/debit notes as per the nature of original invoice.
- Fixed an issue in purchase non-taxable summary which prevented the saving and editing of records.
Published on November 3, 2018
- Support of GSTR-9 with auto-calculations from GSTR-1, GSTR-2A and GSTR-3B.
Published on October 26, 2018
- Added support of more GST Portal transaction codes in GSTR-3B liabilities and payments.
Published on October 24, 2018
- New: Support of GSTR-3B printing. Double click on GSTR-3B return and click Print or Export.
- New: Added support of GSTR-1 and GSTR-2A download in Octa GST Assistant.
- Improvement: Added the filter by original/amendment voucher in purchase-GSTR2A reconciliation.
- Improvement: Showed the original and amendment details on reconciliation screen and mismatch report.
- Improvement: Modified the supplier summary in purchase-GSTR2A reconciliation to exclude the tax if a voucher has been amended by supplier.
- Fixed: While importing GSTR-1, handled a rare case when null fields are received in GSTR-1.
- Fixed: an issue in smart linking to prevent crash if multiple vouchers with same voucher no exists in purchase data.
Published on October 20, 2018
Added support of GST Returns annual report. The annual report contains the:
- GSTR-1 month-wise summary
- GSTR-2A month-wise summary
- GSTR-3B month-wise summary
- Month-wise comparison of GSTR-3B and GSTR-1
- Month-wise comparison of GSTR-3B and GSTR-2A