Octa GST Change Log
Published on November 2, 2019
- Improved the GSTR-3B prepartion by allowing multiple entries in every section. You can add description of each entry for future reference. This allows easy adjustment to auto-calculated values.
- Improved ITC claim screen in GSTR-3B which now allows claiming ITC on selected rows. It now shows the reconciliation status to allow ITC claim based on reconciliation with GSTR-2A.
- Supplier summary in GSTR-2A export which summarised the tax reported by each supplier in a period.
Published on October 23, 2019
- Corrected the summary description in Sales data export.
- Improved the import error message display when error message is very long.
- Improved the import processing when accounting format is used in source Excel file.
- Corrected the ITC type definition in purchase data import for new GST returns.
Published on October 18, 2019
- Support of new GST returns
- Improved reconciliation process
- New excel import templates
- ...& much more
Published on September 13, 2019
- Fixed an issue in GSTR-1 import which prevented the negative values in Exempt supply section from being considered.
Published on August 21, 2019
- GSTR-9 form updated to allow the item value up to 9,999,999,999,999.99 (13 digits with 2 decimals). Earlier up to 99,999,999,999.99 (11 digits with 2 decimals) was allowed.
Published on August 19, 2019
- Excel templates updated to show the subscriber's name predominantly.
Published on July 25, 2019
GSTR-2A and purchase reconciliation
- GST Rate is now optional in Octa Purchase import format. If GST rate is not specified, Octa GST will attempt to compute it from taxable and tax amounts. This is useful when line-item details are not available in purchase register.
Published on July 13, 2019
- Added total turnover row (4N+10-11) in GSTR-9 preview, PDF and Excel export.
- Updated to show a better error message if there is any issue in upgrading the database.
Published on June 28, 2019
- Fixed an issue in importing sales data when there is an amendment of an invoice number which existing in the same return period of last financial year.
- Fixed an issue in GST annual report generation which resulted in failure if there are amendments in Export or other zero-rated invoices.
- Improved the filter dialog in GSTR-2A reconciliation so that it fits better in small screens.
Published on June 26, 2019
- Improved the performance of importing purchase data from Excel/CSV files.
- Fixed an issue which prevented the basic and smart linking in GSTR-2A reconciliation.
- Added a better error message when Octa GST Server is busy doing an existing operation.
Published on June 25, 2019
- Added the facility to view the GSTR-9 error file generated by GST Portal.
- Improved the issue checker to add a warning when taxable value or tax amount in HSN summary is negative.
- Improved the table headings to make them dynamic as per selected financial year.
- Fixed an issue which resulted in small negative value of tax amount while making adjustment in HSN summary.
GST Returns Annual Report
- Updated the comparison reports (GSTR3B vs GSTR-2A, GSTR3B vs GSTR1) to show the data of different financial years in separate heads for better visibility and understanding.
- Updated to export data of 4 months when running in trial mode. Earlier only 1 month data was being exported.
- Added the user configuration to control the invoice linking. Now user can individually enable or disable the basic and smart invoice linking.
- Improved the supplier summary to show the tax amount and difference for individual tax heads (IGST/CGST/SGST/Cess). Same is exported to mismatch summary also.
- Improved the invoice summary in mismatch report to show the tax amount and difference for individual tax heads (IGST/CGST/SGST/Cess).
- Fixed an issue in importing supplier names from GSTR-2A Excel file. It was caused by blank supplier names in GSTR-2A Excel file.
- Updated to automatically select the server while logging in when its address is changed.
- Fixed an issue of whitespace characters when adding new GSTIN number for the same business.
- Fixed an issue while importing purchase data from Excel file in Octa format.
Published on June 8, 2019
GST Portal does not accept the HSN summary even if there is difference of 1 paisa in total tax value of HSN summary. Because of rounding, HSN summary calculated using invoices often has larger differences. To address this issue, we have added the facility to automatically adjust the tax amounts in HSN summary. These small adjustments will update the HSN summary so that it can be uploaded to portal successfully.
Fixed an issue which resulted in wrong warning of tax mismatch in HSN summary.
- Introducing smart-linking feature in Octa GST. This feature will intelligently compare the invoices for similarity and will link similar invoices automatically even if the invoice number is different. This feature will work automatically and no action is needed from user.
- Added the facility to bulk generate the mismatch report for individual suppliers.
Published on May 27, 2019
- Updated GSTR-9 JSON generation and parsing as per latest GSTN schema.
Published on May 24, 2019
- Added support of importing GSTR-9 ZIP/JSON file generated by GST Portal. This can be used as reference while preparing GSTR-9.
- Improved the color highlighting to tolerate a range of difference between system calculated and user supplied values.
- Added the facility to check the issues in GSTR-9 before generating JSON file.
- Updated as per latest GSTR-9 JSON schema released by GST Portal.
Published on May 9, 2019
- Added support of GSTR-9 JSON file.
- Fixed an issue in Excel file import of sales summary data which caused failure in import process when place of supply is invalid.
- Updated the text language of GSTR-9 to match with latest GSTR-9 format notified by Govt.
- Minor GUI corrections and improvements.
Published on April 18, 2019
- Fixed an issue which resulted in failure to detected duplicate invoice no while entering purchase data using application user interface.
- Fixed an issue of missing GSTIN and return period while clearing the purchase data of composite tax payers.
Published on April 10, 2019
- Added the support of SEZ invoices in purchase section. This also fixes an issue which caused a failure while trying to automatically add an invoice during reconciliation with GSTR-2A.
- Improved the text search in GSTR-2A invoice reconciliation by allowing case-insensitive search.
- Improved the GSTR-2A reconciliation by gracefully updating the page when user note is added to “My Data” side of invoices.
- Improved the Home screen to better display the server information on small screen sizes.
- In user management screen for Octa GST Server, new facility has been added to quickly
- Fixed an issue in purchase import process which resulted in failure during import if reference voucher date was not specified for credit/debit notes. Now Octa GST will show a graceful validation error in this case.
- Improved the parsing of place of supply during import of GSTR-2-B2B sheet. Now this field supports both state-code and state-name.
- Fixed an issue in Purchase page which resulted in incorrect display of document list when there are more than 5000 purchase invoices. select or unselect all files.
- Fixed an issue in Issue checker of purchase data which resulted in false positive reporting of issues.
- Fixed an issue which prevented the line-item delete button to appear while adding line items data in fresh invoices.
- Fixed an issue which resulted in missing uploader information while exporting filed GSTR-1 data.
- Fixed an issued which showed wrong file extension while exporting GSTR-1 to Excel file in return preparation screen.
- Fixed an issue in import of sales documents (advance receipt & advance adjustment) which resulted in failure of import when ref voucher information has been provided which is not required.
- Improved various tool-tip messages in return screens.
Published on March 27, 2019
New: Added a new invoice summary sheet in mismatch report. This report will contain one row for each invoice/document and its matching status. With the introduction of invoice summary, Octa GST now provides the mismatch report at 3 different levels
- Supplier Summary
- Invoice Summary
- Invoice Details
New: Added support of showing net difference in tax amount on invoice comparison and summary screen.
New: Added the facility to specify the ignore amount.
New: Added the facility to select the contents to be exported in mismatch report.
New: Added the facility to export month, quarter or full year sales or purchase data.
Fixed: Display issue of GSTR-2A reconciliation configuration screen which caused a refresh error while switching from Quarter to Month.
Published on March 22, 2019
- Extended the GSTR-9 and Annual report of 2017-18 to include GSTR-1 & GSTR-2A returns till March 2019.
- Added support of multiple tax reversal heads in GSTR-9.
- Added support of concessional rate of tax in GSTR-9 HSN summary table.
- Added support of quarterly reconciliation of purchase data with GSTR-2A.
- Showed the tax difference in invoice/document comparison in reconciliation.
- Improved the Excel/CSV import functionality to show better error messages.
- Fixed an issue in GSTR-3B import which was preventing the successful import of GSTR-3B in some cases.
Published on March 19, 2019
- New: Added the facility to process multiple GSTR-2A excel to extract supplier names. It is available on GSTR-2A page.
- New: Added the facility to automatically discover the near-by Octa GST servers and show them on login screen for automatic selection.
- Improved the home page to display the relevant information only in case of Standard subscription.
- Fixed an issue in viewing GSTR-1 error file.