Octa GST Change Log
Published on February 24, 2018
- Updated to incorporate the changes in GSTR-1 technical specification and JSON schema as per GST Portal.
- Added the tax adjustment algorithm to match the tax amount calculations with GST Portal. GST portal has recently applied very strict checks on the tax amount. This is done to ensure successful upload of GSTR-1 return when there is very small difference in the tax amount calculated by GST portal.
- Added support of importing GSTR-1 Excel file v1.5 of GST offline tool.
- Added support of intra-state"deemed export" sale.
- Added support of "deemed export" purchase.
- Reason field removed in credit/debit notes of sales. This is no longer needed as per GSP Portal specification.
- Modified to remember the last used GSTIN and return period for every data file.
- Added support of negative values in HSN summary.
Published on January 17, 2018
- Updated to handle the latest GSTN technical schema definition of GSTR-1. This was was causing issues in GSTR-1 to Excel conversion process in some cases.
Published on January 15, 2018
- Fixed an issue in b2b/cdnr (GSTN Offline Excel format) sheets to accept UIN in Receiver GSTIN field.
- Fixed an issue in docs sheet (GSTN Offline Excel format) where invalid data in Documents Issued sheet could cause the import process to fail.
- Fixed a rare case in which GSTR-1 to Excel conversion could fail.
- Minor UI improvements.
- Fixed an issue in purchase reconciliation with GSTR-2 which caused an issue in automatic invoice creation.
Published on January 8, 2018
- Modified to report both HSN code and description in HSN summary if both are available in the data.
- Enabled Jan-Mar 2018 return periods.
- Updated the e-commerce GSTIN validation as per latest GSTN technical specification.
- Enhanced the auto-suggestion algorithm if invalid GSTIN is entered by user in import files.
- Enhanced the serial no validation of document issued section in GSTR-1.
- Added the standard GST rate 0.1% for merchant exporters.
- Fixed an issue where import error could be shown incorrectly.
Published on December 29, 2017
- Enhanced the processing of documents issued (docs) sheet as per latest Excel format of GSTN tool.
Published on December 29, 2017
- Added the compatibility with GSTN Offline Excel Format 1.4 released recently. The new format includes the "Receiver Name" column in B2B and CDNR sheets. This is now also supported in GSTR-1 Excel export.
- Added the correct GSTIN suggestion if it is invalid in import excel file. Octa GST will now try to suggest the correct GSTIN if there is a common mistake in entering the GSTIN.
- Enhanced the GSTR-1 JSON parsing in GSTN Tools to support recent changes in GST Portal.
- Minor enhancements in general error reporting.
Published on December 24, 2017
- Added the functionality to export the complete set of sales and purchase data of any return period to Excel file. This feature can be used to as an external backup of any return data set. The generated file can be imported back in Octa GST.
- Made the total invoice/voucher value field optional in Octa GST Excel import file. If you leave it blank, Octa GST will auto-calculate the invoice/voucher value using on line items.
- Made the reference voucher value optional in Octa GST Excel import file (SalesDocuments sheet).
- Addressed a rare issue which could affect GSTR-1 to Excel functionality in GSTN Tools.
- Made the ignorable amount (the amount difference that may be ignored) manually editable. Earlier it was possible to select only from the list of values.
- Other performance and reliability improvements.
Published on December 18, 2017
- Modified to handle the recent changes in GST Portal for quarterly return filing of GSTR-1.
Published on December 17, 2017
- Handled a rare case when converting the GSTR-1 JSON file to Excel format in GSTN Tools section.
Published on December 8, 2017
- Improvements in GSTN file format import for more robust matching of headers.
- Minor improvements in user interface.
Published on December 2, 2017
- Disabled GSTR-3B return module for quarterly return period in order to avoid confusion.
- Fixed a formatting issue in GSTR-4 return Excel export file.
Published on December 1, 2017
- GSTR-4: Now you can use Octa GST to prepare and upload GSTR-4 return for composition taxpayers.
- Quarterly Returns: Now you can prepare quarterly GSTR-1 return.
Published on November 17, 2017
- Fixed an issue where dashboard summary of outward supplies in GSTR-3B could be incorrect.
Published on November 16, 2017
- GSTR-3B outward supplies and ITC table improved to show sub-totals for different sections.
- GSTR-3B tables improved to highlight non-zero values.
- Fixed an issue in GSTR-3B dashboard where display value of total ITC was incorrect.
Published on November 15, 2017
- Added the facility to import the GSTR-1 Excel and CSV files in GST Offline Tool format. This excel file format is exported by most ERP and accounting software packages like Tally, Busy and Marg.
- Added the facility to generate GSTR-1 and GSTR-3B return data in Excel format. Now in addition to JSON file, you can also generate Excel file with return data and keep it for future reference.
- GST Portal does not show the return data if number of invoices are large. Now you can convert the GSTR-1 & GSTR-2 return file downloaded from GST Portal to Excel format for easy reference and analysis. See GSTN Tools page in Octa GST.
Published on November 15, 2017
- Performance enhancement for import of very large data set.
Published on November 9, 2017
- Handled an incompatibility issue while importing GSTR-2 files generated by GST Portal.
- Handled an issue which prevented the successful export of GSTR-2 to Excel in some cases.
Published on November 9, 2017
- Octa GST can now import the GSTR-2 Excel and CSV files in GSTOffline Tool format. This excel file format is exported by most ERP and accounting software packages like Tally, Busy and Marg. Now you can easily import the purchase data in Octa GST and reconcile it with GSTR-2 data available on GST Portal.
- Added the facility to manually provide non-taxable and HSN summary details.
- Now you can Accept the supplier reported invoices without entering it in your purchase data.
- In GSTR-2 matching, Octa GST used to show a mismatch if there was a difference of more than ₹1 in taxable or tax amount. Now you can configure this limit as per your preference.
- In addition to generate JSON that can be uploaded to portal, you can also export the GSTR-2 return data to Excel file. This file contains all data which is reported in return. This file is useful for updating the account books based on return submitted and for future reference.
- GST Portal’s recent recommendations about GSTR-2 has been incorporated in Octa GST. These rules will reduce the chances of errors during return upload.
Published on November 2, 2017
- Made HSN description, quantity and units optional in Octa import formats. Many of our users reported that this data is sometimes not available easily. Now you import the sales and purchase data without these fields. Please note that if this data is not available, these line items will not be included in HSN summary.
- The import errors screen is improved drastically. A lot of our users were not realising that precise error description is available for each error. This functionality is now properly exposed and made more accessible.
- Changed the format of GSTR-2/2A Excel export. This is now the same format as Octa Excel Import format. This helps to start with GSTR-2/2A data to generate your purchase data.
- Demo button on the home screen is renamed to Explore. Many of our users getting confused that it is a demo version. 😊
- Provided a Keywords field in all vouchers. You may use this field to tag the invoices as per your needs. This field is searchable in all screens. For example, you may write "No-ITC" for those invoices on which you don't wish to claim ITC, and then simply search for "No-ITC" in GSTR-2 ITC claim screen and click "Not Eligible".
- Added the functionality to clear all contacts.
- Added the functionality to clear all items.
- Port Code is enforced in capital letters to avoid issues at later stages.
- Allowed the invoice date prior to 01-Jul-2017 in case of import invoice. This is a valid case if bill of entry date is after 01-Jul-2017.
- Allowed the reconciliation action "Accept" even in case of mismatch in GSTR-2.
- Reduced the significance of Invoice Date field in GSTR-2 auto-matching. Now a difference of only invoice date mismatch will be shown as Almost Matching rather than Not Matching.
- Minor enhancements in Excel export format of GSTR-2 mismatch report.
- Added better message when GSTR-2A file is added to GSTR-2 module. This was already not allowed but a lot of our users were trying to add GSTR-2A file in GSTR-2 module. We have now added a better message to help clarify this case.
Published on October 30, 2017
- Updated to handle the exceptional cases when empty vouchers (vouchers of zero value) are received from GST Portal in GSTR-2 file.
- Updated the handling of import invoices & ITC eligibility when multiple import invoices are raised for same bill off entry.