Octa GST Change Log
Published on April 12, 2018
- GSTR-3B (new): Now you can prepare GSTR-3B return by manually filling the sales, purchase & ITC summary directly. Now Octa GST support two modes to prepare GSTR-3B. First is Automatic mode, which has generates the GSTR-3B from sales and purchase invoices. In version 6.5, you can use Manual mode which allows you directly enter the summary data and generate the return JSON file.
- GSTR-4: Updated the JSON generation to align it with GSTN specifications.
- GSTR-4: Removed the reason field from import and user interface for credit/debit notes. This field is no longer required to file the return.
Published on April 10, 2018
- GSTR-4: Incorporated the latest changes in GSTR-4 JSON schema as per GST Portal.
- GSTR-4: Included the B2B purchase from registered taxpayers in GSTR-4 return as these need to be reported in Q4 return.
Published on April 9, 2018
- New: Support of Personal (Single GSTIN) and Professional (Multi User) pricing plans introduced.
Published on April 7, 2018
- Updated the GSTR-1 and GSTR-4 JSON export as per latest GSTN schema.
- Fixed an issue in return period addition and display.
Published on April 5, 2018
- Added the facility to export various masters such as contacts, inventory items and item units.
- Update the import Excel format files to clearly indicate which columns are required and which ones are optional. All optional columns are now marked in green colour.
- Fixed an issue in return period display and data storage.
Published on March 30, 2018
- Added the software activation based on subscription.
- Allowed both GSTR-2A and GSTR-2 files to be used for purchase reconciliation. Now you can add GSTR-2A file in GSTR-2 page and reconcile the purchase transactions.
- Added the facility to log GST return filing status and information. Check the Business page.
Published on March 17, 2018
- Support of latest GSTR-1 Excel format of GST Offline Tool added.
- Removed the automatic tax adjustment because GST portal has rolled back the strict validation on tax amounts.
Published on February 26, 2018
- Support of Tally ERP9 6.4 generated GSTR-1 excel file added. This had to be done specially for Tally because structure of GSTR-1 excel file generated by Tally ERP9 6.4 is not as per GST Offline Tool format v1.5.
Published on February 24, 2018
- Updated to incorporate the changes in GSTR-1 technical specification and JSON schema as per GST Portal.
- Added the tax adjustment algorithm to match the tax amount calculations with GST Portal. GST portal has recently applied very strict checks on the tax amount. This is done to ensure successful upload of GSTR-1 return when there is very small difference in the tax amount calculated by GST portal.
- Added support of importing GSTR-1 Excel file v1.5 of GST offline tool.
- Added support of intra-state"deemed export" sale.
- Added support of "deemed export" purchase.
- Reason field removed in credit/debit notes of sales. This is no longer needed as per GSP Portal specification.
- Modified to remember the last used GSTIN and return period for every data file.
- Added support of negative values in HSN summary.
Published on January 17, 2018
- Updated to handle the latest GSTN technical schema definition of GSTR-1. This was was causing issues in GSTR-1 to Excel conversion process in some cases.
Published on January 15, 2018
- Fixed an issue in b2b/cdnr (GSTN Offline Excel format) sheets to accept UIN in Receiver GSTIN field.
- Fixed an issue in docs sheet (GSTN Offline Excel format) where invalid data in Documents Issued sheet could cause the import process to fail.
- Fixed a rare case in which GSTR-1 to Excel conversion could fail.
- Minor UI improvements.
- Fixed an issue in purchase reconciliation with GSTR-2 which caused an issue in automatic invoice creation.
Published on January 8, 2018
- Modified to report both HSN code and description in HSN summary if both are available in the data.
- Enabled Jan-Mar 2018 return periods.
- Updated the e-commerce GSTIN validation as per latest GSTN technical specification.
- Enhanced the auto-suggestion algorithm if invalid GSTIN is entered by user in import files.
- Enhanced the serial no validation of document issued section in GSTR-1.
- Added the standard GST rate 0.1% for merchant exporters.
- Fixed an issue where import error could be shown incorrectly.
Published on December 29, 2017
- Enhanced the processing of documents issued (docs) sheet as per latest Excel format of GSTN tool.
Published on December 29, 2017
- Added the compatibility with GSTN Offline Excel Format 1.4 released recently. The new format includes the "Receiver Name" column in B2B and CDNR sheets. This is now also supported in GSTR-1 Excel export.
- Added the correct GSTIN suggestion if it is invalid in import excel file. Octa GST will now try to suggest the correct GSTIN if there is a common mistake in entering the GSTIN.
- Enhanced the GSTR-1 JSON parsing in GSTN Tools to support recent changes in GST Portal.
- Minor enhancements in general error reporting.
Published on December 24, 2017
- Added the functionality to export the complete set of sales and purchase data of any return period to Excel file. This feature can be used to as an external backup of any return data set. The generated file can be imported back in Octa GST.
- Made the total invoice/voucher value field optional in Octa GST Excel import file. If you leave it blank, Octa GST will auto-calculate the invoice/voucher value using on line items.
- Made the reference voucher value optional in Octa GST Excel import file (SalesDocuments sheet).
- Addressed a rare issue which could affect GSTR-1 to Excel functionality in GSTN Tools.
- Made the ignorable amount (the amount difference that may be ignored) manually editable. Earlier it was possible to select only from the list of values.
- Other performance and reliability improvements.
Published on December 18, 2017
- Modified to handle the recent changes in GST Portal for quarterly return filing of GSTR-1.
Published on December 17, 2017
- Handled a rare case when converting the GSTR-1 JSON file to Excel format in GSTN Tools section.
Published on December 8, 2017
- Improvements in GSTN file format import for more robust matching of headers.
- Minor improvements in user interface.
Published on December 2, 2017
- Disabled GSTR-3B return module for quarterly return period in order to avoid confusion.
- Fixed a formatting issue in GSTR-4 return Excel export file.
Published on December 1, 2017
- GSTR-4: Now you can use Octa GST to prepare and upload GSTR-4 return for composition taxpayers.
- Quarterly Returns: Now you can prepare quarterly GSTR-1 return.