Octa GST Change Log
Published on August 24, 2018
- GSTR-2A Reconciliation: Fixed the issue when search by supplier name was not working when purchase invoices are not entered.
- GSTR-2A Mismatch Report: Updated to stop redundant export of missing invoices. Now missing invoices are exported in a single line only.
- GSTR-2A Import: Fixed a rare issue when credit/debit note amendments are not imported.
- Tally Purchase Data Import: Improved the compatibility with Tally generated GSTR-2 Excel files.
- Contact_Item Selection: Updated to show the full list of contacts_items when no search text is entered. This will be useful to browse all contacts/items for selection.
Published on August 21, 2018
GSTR-2A Reconciliation: Updated to better handle an edge case where invoice date in purchase data and supplier data are significantly different.
Published on August 18, 2018
Purchase reconciliation with GSTR-2A
- Added the functionality to generate mismatch report for a single supplier. Very useful if you wish to share the mismatch report with your supplier.
- Improved pattern matching with option to link using multiple patterns.
Published on August 4, 2018
Purchase reconciliation with GSTR-2A
- View the total and pending count in supplier-wise summary.
- Introducing Smart Linking in invoice no. Now link thousands of invoices in seconds even if invoice number in purchase data and GSTR-2A is different.
Published on July 25, 2018
- Huge performance optimizations in all import and export operations. Now export the GSTR-2A mismatch report at blazing fast speed even with thousands of invoices.
- Facility to reconcile all purchase transactions with GSTR-2A in one go. Even if the transactions are spread across multiple financial years.
- Keywords export in GSTR-2A mismatch report. You can use this facility to tag your purchase transaction to track them later. For example, if you have purchase transactions in multiple business units, you can tag the unit names with your purchase transactions and easily track or filter them in mismatch report.
- Fixed an issue in incorrect data export in case of credit/debit note amendments. This issue has no impact on GSTR-1 return data.
Published on July 5, 2018
- Sale from Custom Bonded Warehouses: Octa GST now supports logging and reporting sale and purchase from custom bonded warehouse. Updated GSTR-1, GSTR-2A, GSTR-3B and GSTR-4A to support the same.
- GSTR-4A: Support of GSTR-4A introduced. You can view and export GSTR-4A to excel format.
- Self Invoice Printing: Support of printing self-invoice in purchase.
- Printing Customization: Support of customization for color and top margin to support printed letterheads.
- Enhanced License Protocol: Enhanced the license protocol to make it more robust for various networks. This is applicable only for Professional Subscription.
- GSTR-2A Reconciliation: Enhanced the mismatch report format for missing vouchers.
Published on June 29, 2018
- Added the facility to pick the return period while adding the purchase voucher during GSTR-2A reconciliation.
- Added the facility to select the period in GSTR-2A reconciliation and mismatch report.
- Authorized signatory support in sales invoice printing.
- Support of viewing and exporting ISD documents in GSTR-2A.
- Various UI improvements.
Published on June 22, 2018
- Fixed an issue which can cause failure in export of GSTR-2A Mismatch Report.
Published on June 18, 2018
- Digital signature applied to installable and application.
- Minor UI improvements.
Published on June 17, 2018
- GSTR-2A Reconciliation: Supplier-wise summary in GSTR-2A reconciliation module.
- GSTR-2A Reconciliation: Automatic suggestion in case of manual matching of purchase vouchers.
- GSTR-1 & GSTR-3B: Updates in JSON schema as per latest GSTN specification.
- GSTR-1: Handled the rare case when GSTR-1 JSON file is not accepted by GST Portal because of file size.
Published on June 8, 2018
Improved reconciliation with GSTR-2A
- Update GSTR-2A files in Octa GST without affecting the existing reconciliation status.
- Search by voucher type (e.g. Invoices, credit notes, debit notes).
- Add your own notes to invoices to keep track of reconciliation.
- Update the reconciliation status even when there is no voucher in supplier data.
- GSTR-1: Support of amendments of all sections.
- GSTR-1 Export/Cleanup: Export or clean up GSTR-1 including amendments.
- GSTR-2A: View and export auto-populated amendments.
Published on May 25, 2018
Purchase Reconciliation with GSTR-2A (New)
- A fully re-imagined and user friendly purchase reconciliation with GSTR-2A.
- Beautiful and intuitive user interface to visualize the mismatches.
- Detailed comparison of each parameter to know exactly what is not matching.
- Perform the reconciliation of complete financial year in one go.
- Elegantly handle the mismatch in invoice numbers. Take control of matching by manually overriding the invoice number matching.
- Export the detailed and informative reconciliation report.
Published on May 9, 2018
- GSTR-1 schema updated as per latest GSTN technical specification.
- GSTR-2 page has been removed as it has been suspended by GST Council. Purchase reconciliation functionality merged with GSTR-2A module for easier access.
- Sales invoice printing format improved to support some rare cases.
Published on April 19, 2018
- Invoice Printing (New): Now you can print your sales invoices and other sales vouchers such as Credit/Debit notes.
- Support of SEZ Taxpayers (New): Now SEZ tax payers can also prepare GST Returns using Octa GST.
- Configurable Data Store (New): Now you can configure a custom location where all Octa GST data files are stored.
Published on April 12, 2018
- GSTR-3B (new): Now you can prepare GSTR-3B return by manually filling the sales, purchase & ITC summary directly. Now Octa GST support two modes to prepare GSTR-3B. First is Automatic mode, which has generates the GSTR-3B from sales and purchase invoices. In version 6.5, you can use Manual mode which allows you directly enter the summary data and generate the return JSON file.
- GSTR-4: Updated the JSON generation to align it with GSTN specifications.
- GSTR-4: Removed the reason field from import and user interface for credit/debit notes. This field is no longer required to file the return.
Published on April 10, 2018
- GSTR-4: Incorporated the latest changes in GSTR-4 JSON schema as per GST Portal.
- GSTR-4: Included the B2B purchase from registered taxpayers in GSTR-4 return as these need to be reported in Q4 return.
Published on April 9, 2018
- New: Support of Personal (Single GSTIN) and Professional (Multi User) pricing plans introduced.
Published on April 7, 2018
- Updated the GSTR-1 and GSTR-4 JSON export as per latest GSTN schema.
- Fixed an issue in return period addition and display.
Published on April 5, 2018
- Added the facility to export various masters such as contacts, inventory items and item units.
- Update the import Excel format files to clearly indicate which columns are required and which ones are optional. All optional columns are now marked in green colour.
- Fixed an issue in return period display and data storage.
Published on March 30, 2018
- Added the software activation based on subscription.
- Allowed both GSTR-2A and GSTR-2 files to be used for purchase reconciliation. Now you can add GSTR-2A file in GSTR-2 page and reconcile the purchase transactions.
- Added the facility to log GST return filing status and information. Check the Business page.