Octa GST Change Log
Published on December 18, 2017
- Modified to handle the recent changes in GST Portal for quarterly return filing of GSTR-1.
Published on December 17, 2017
- Handled a rare case when converting the GSTR-1 JSON file to Excel format in GSTN Tools section.
Published on December 8, 2017
- Improvements in GSTN file format import for more robust matching of headers.
- Minor improvements in user interface.
Published on December 2, 2017
- Disabled GSTR-3B return module for quarterly return period in order to avoid confusion.
- Fixed a formatting issue in GSTR-4 return Excel export file.
Published on December 1, 2017
- GSTR-4: Now you can use Octa GST to prepare and upload GSTR-4 return for composition taxpayers.
- Quarterly Returns: Now you can prepare quarterly GSTR-1 return.
Published on November 17, 2017
- Fixed an issue where dashboard summary of outward supplies in GSTR-3B could be incorrect.
Published on November 16, 2017
- GSTR-3B outward supplies and ITC table improved to show sub-totals for different sections.
- GSTR-3B tables improved to highlight non-zero values.
- Fixed an issue in GSTR-3B dashboard where display value of total ITC was incorrect.
Published on November 15, 2017
- Added the facility to import the GSTR-1 Excel and CSV files in GST Offline Tool format. This excel file format is exported by most ERP and accounting software packages like Tally, Busy and Marg.
- Added the facility to generate GSTR-1 and GSTR-3B return data in Excel format. Now in addition to JSON file, you can also generate Excel file with return data and keep it for future reference.
- GST Portal does not show the return data if number of invoices are large. Now you can convert the GSTR-1 & GSTR-2 return file downloaded from GST Portal to Excel format for easy reference and analysis. See GSTN Tools page in Octa GST.
Published on November 15, 2017
- Performance enhancement for import of very large data set.
Published on November 9, 2017
- Handled an incompatibility issue while importing GSTR-2 files generated by GST Portal.
- Handled an issue which prevented the successful export of GSTR-2 to Excel in some cases.
Published on November 9, 2017
- Octa GST can now import the GSTR-2 Excel and CSV files in GSTOffline Tool format. This excel file format is exported by most ERP and accounting software packages like Tally, Busy and Marg. Now you can easily import the purchase data in Octa GST and reconcile it with GSTR-2 data available on GST Portal.
- Added the facility to manually provide non-taxable and HSN summary details.
- Now you can Accept the supplier reported invoices without entering it in your purchase data.
- In GSTR-2 matching, Octa GST used to show a mismatch if there was a difference of more than ₹1 in taxable or tax amount. Now you can configure this limit as per your preference.
- In addition to generate JSON that can be uploaded to portal, you can also export the GSTR-2 return data to Excel file. This file contains all data which is reported in return. This file is useful for updating the account books based on return submitted and for future reference.
- GST Portal’s recent recommendations about GSTR-2 has been incorporated in Octa GST. These rules will reduce the chances of errors during return upload.
Published on November 2, 2017
- Made HSN description, quantity and units optional in Octa import formats. Many of our users reported that this data is sometimes not available easily. Now you import the sales and purchase data without these fields. Please note that if this data is not available, these line items will not be included in HSN summary.
- The import errors screen is improved drastically. A lot of our users were not realising that precise error description is available for each error. This functionality is now properly exposed and made more accessible.
- Changed the format of GSTR-2/2A Excel export. This is now the same format as Octa Excel Import format. This helps to start with GSTR-2/2A data to generate your purchase data.
- Demo button on the home screen is renamed to Explore. Many of our users getting confused that it is a demo version. 😊
- Provided a Keywords field in all vouchers. You may use this field to tag the invoices as per your needs. This field is searchable in all screens. For example, you may write "No-ITC" for those invoices on which you don't wish to claim ITC, and then simply search for "No-ITC" in GSTR-2 ITC claim screen and click "Not Eligible".
- Added the functionality to clear all contacts.
- Added the functionality to clear all items.
- Port Code is enforced in capital letters to avoid issues at later stages.
- Allowed the invoice date prior to 01-Jul-2017 in case of import invoice. This is a valid case if bill of entry date is after 01-Jul-2017.
- Allowed the reconciliation action "Accept" even in case of mismatch in GSTR-2.
- Reduced the significance of Invoice Date field in GSTR-2 auto-matching. Now a difference of only invoice date mismatch will be shown as Almost Matching rather than Not Matching.
- Minor enhancements in Excel export format of GSTR-2 mismatch report.
- Added better message when GSTR-2A file is added to GSTR-2 module. This was already not allowed but a lot of our users were trying to add GSTR-2A file in GSTR-2 module. We have now added a better message to help clarify this case.
Published on October 30, 2017
- Updated to handle the exceptional cases when empty vouchers (vouchers of zero value) are received from GST Portal in GSTR-2 file.
- Updated the handling of import invoices & ITC eligibility when multiple import invoices are raised for same bill off entry.
Published on October 26, 2017
- Added support of exporting the GSTR-2 mismatch report to Excel file.
Published on October 24, 2017
- Fixed an issue where incorrect message was displayed to user when GSTR-2A file was added in GSTR-2 module.
- Mismatch report algorithm is optimised to process large data set even faster.
Published on October 23, 2017
- Support of GSTR-3B JSON file.
- Support of GSTR-1 and GSTR-2 clean-up tools.
Published on October 18, 2017
- GSTR-2 data export to Excel introduced.
- GSTR-2 return file (JSON) generation enabled.
Published on October 14, 2017
- Improvements in GSTN file import to match with GST Portal output.
Published on October 11, 2017
- Minor tweaks to handle the operations done on GST portal.
Published on October 10, 2017
This is a major release of Octa GST which brings support of GSTR-2A and GSTR-2. Salient features of this release are:
- Add GSTR-2A file downloaded from GST Portal and view all information reported by your suppliers.
- Export GSTR-2A information to Excel for reference, analysis and comparison purpose.
- Add GSTR-2 file downloaded from GST Portal and view all information reported by your suppliers.
- Auto-matching of purchase information with data reported by your suppliers.
- Side-by-side comparison of purchase documents.
- Bulk actions to quickly reconcile a large number of documents.
- Never miss input tax credit on even a single document by going through the ITC claim facility. Take bulk action to - claim ITC on a large number of documents.
- Auto-generate all sections of GSTR-2.
- Comprehensive view of all GSTR-2 sections. Analyse different sections of return with full details of relevant documents.
- Document issued information is moved from Sales module to GSTR-1 module. You can now add or modify the details of document issued from GSTR-1 module itself.
GSTR-2 return filing is more challenging than GSTR-1 because of matching, reconciliation and ITC claims. We have put a huge efforts in making this complex activity a lot simpler by automating most activities. We hope that you will love the simplicity of Octa GST.